Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4
Hmm. Yeah, The Science of Getting Rich is the book that found me. Line 4 says "The individual has not dreamed that he can do what he seeth the Father doing." Did you understand something boss ??
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can
Dermi Cool, Thanda Thanda Powder ! Smells good.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
9:10 pm. Bingo ! Thats amazing..
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Some guy shouting from the nearby church. Ban loudspeakers please !
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Outside my room was the last step outside. Had some Mango juice. Yummy !
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Downloading mp3. Shakira's "Hips don't lie"
9. What are you wearing?
A crown !
10. Did you dream last night?
11. When did you last laugh?
This morning, when I thought about my ambition.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A Porsche 959 picture, Shah Rukh Khan, an Asian Elephant and an angry Gorilla.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
Been talking to myself for the past few years.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
Cool Bob !
15. What is the last film you saw?
Chronicles of Narnia.
16. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A Harley Davidson, A Penthouse, A night's stay in the GreenBrier, a gun, and..
17. Tell me something about you that I dunno.
Am a freak !
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Shoot all people. Save the world.
19. Do you like to dance?
My favorite sport !
20. George Bush.
Knows to play with Power
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Samiran. But I dont want marriage, please. Lets rather adopt - Cats
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Manav. But I dont want marriage, please. Lets rather adopt - Cats
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Wowee, a part of my ambition.
24. What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
You've had a tough time kiddo, now relax !
Tagging who ?
Vinodh Bizarre State New Yorker
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Where does it lead to ?
No wonder I see colorful umbrellas everywhere. Summer has just begun. But its almost like carrying a heater on your head.
If this sounds weird to you, then you are one of those few lucky people - the "better employed software class".
Your day begins inside air-conditioned cubicles, your ear-drums jarred with mp3, and you dont get to see the sun but tubelights everywhere. You talk technology and mock politics and complain about work and salary. You forward Aishwarya Rai and Sardar jokes and argue whether Mallika Sherawat or Meghna Naidu exposes better.
Well this is about the weaker class. Weaker in terms of status, money, and power. About 75% of my country is filled with this class. Their scale starts from the poorest of the poor and up to the single income lower-middle class. Their inflow of money is low. Never regular. They skip jobs, they dont know what career means. Most of them havent seen text books beyond their 3rd or 5th grade.
Now you're asking what does the weather have to do with them ? These people work hard. Not their mind, but their body. They work under the sun, building houses or breaking stones. Carrying loads of cement on their heads. Begging around the streets, carrying small babies in their arms to win our sympathy. Driving around a bicycle and delivering our couriers. Carrying gas cylinders on their shoulders and supplying them on time, so that we dont skip our breakfast the next day. Selling fruits and vegetables on the footpath.
They suffer from the heat of the sun. Most of them are barely clothed. And there's global warming adding more to their pains. The cold regions will get hot. The hot regions will get even hotter. Almost every year thousands, especially the older people, die out of the heat. Dogs and cats arent an exception.
We must come out and experience their lifestyle and only then we will know.
The Earth gets hotter everyday... Where does this lead to ?
Saturday, April 08, 2006
I see you everywhere
You're an uninvited guest
You never knock the door
You leave without a trace
You have no compassion
You ask no apology
You begin your day when we end ours
You couldn't spare a 3 year old cat ?
You're the most selfishest of all
You only live forever
Stop and listen for Hell's sake
Do you mind taking a break ?
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
The ink pen
Oh the pen.. the ink pen..
A Hero pen, yeah that sleek black body and golden cap. A pen you would see in every student's hand, atleast in my school. The real possession. I could never buy another after I lost one.
I stood at the "lost properties" desk for 5 days to get it back. Theresa Maa, thats how we call her, and I didnt know why, gives a look at me like I owe her a decade of service.
"There's nothing here that I can give you" she says. I forgot about my pen from then.
The another pen, gives me 'day'mares during exam times.
You know what ? The ink fills my hand more than the pen. The pen, leaks during summer, leaks during summer and leaks during summer. Why that many summers ? Coz believe me, I have never seen another season.
Out I come after having finished the paper, my blue fingers, no.. royal blue fingers, eeek, disgusting. Would feel like blue mermaid at times.
It becomes lunch time, I sit down for lunch, sometimes with friends around and sometimes alone. Its curd rice with some potato. The worst combination one could ever imagine. And no water. Guess why ? Yes, I would forget the waterbottle. The one that lost its shape after Nancy crushed it with her leg.
No spoon, so eat with the hand. The hand with fingers smeared with royal blue ink, I could see the food getting its colors, wow, a sky blue that emerged, a mix of white rice and blue ink.
"Art on Rice" - so would I title you, my beautiful piece of art.
The worst part being, that I eat this. Yucky!
Why ? Why me ?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Valentine away, Valentine away
I could not stop laughing at this guy who scared his valentine away.
The moron didnt find anything other than a deodorant as a gift for his loved one.
He seemed to have got nothing in return, not even a slap (good for him), and didnt hear from her since then.
Was it to say "You stink" or "rather try a different product" ?? :-))
Friday, January 27, 2006
The Weirdo in me !!
Been tagged again.. Need to thank weirdo Still Figuring Out for that.
I got to list down 6 weird things about me.
Here we go..
1. The first thing thats really weird about me is that I look weird. Now, have you seen any gal who really doesnt look like one ? If need be, you gotta see me.. I am not the kind of girl that dresses up neatly in traditional wear/simply say a salwar and go around and gossip and giggle and talk/dream about Surya or Zayed Khan. I slide into pants and shirts, always, yes, even at work. I have short hair, even possessed the military cut with sharp and sleek edges while in college. Hey, that doesnt mean I am not a girl ok ;-)
2. When someone is talking to me, I shake my head, but am actually doing a hip-hop with the King of Pop on the dance floor, or having a date out with Johnny Depp, or even parasailing with a panda. Ocassionally I also imagine him as my opponent in a heavy weight kickboxing championship and I spit salty saliva right into his bleeding eye. Then end up with a silly Rocky number - Go for it.., yeah.., go for it..
3. I dont suffer from an MPD, but its not just one but many alter-egos that come out quite often. The director who won 19 oscars, the choreographer that teaches dance to J.Lo, the model-celebrity-socialite walking on the red carpet;sharing a piece of gossip with Claudia Schiffer, the kung-fu master that rules the 18 temples of Shaolin, the pop singer live in concert at Madison Square Gardens, the Pharoah architecting pyramids at Giza, the reporter covering news on bomb blasts in Israel, the President of America; ready to let go the two secret keys in Cheyenne Mountains that release nuclear weapons on rest of the world....my imagination has no bounds :-)
4. Its that, just that...mmm.. what..I guess it starts with..er.. See, I forgot.. Now I remember..its my forgetfulness that I forgot to tell you about. I forget so many things. Forget to take my vehicle keys, to take lunch to school, to do the homework (Got thrashings several times from Miss Sharon), to wish a friend for birthday (and end up receiving none for mine), to watch my favorite tv shows, to even pour water into the cooker when I cook rice (now I know why I am never left home alone :-(...)
5. Everything needs to be in perfection. "Adjust" and "Compromise" - the two words in the English language that I hate..the words of the incapable..the words that could get you doomed for life..Why should you adjust with something, would you accept life at a discount? If I want something, it has to be perfect, full, upto the brim, even my morning coffee..I would not call this weird in me, actually am proud of it. But people say, I complain :-(
6. No sweat life, work 5 hours a day, weekend movies, party around, buy whatever my people ask for, try out the best clothes, drive the best of cars. Never worry about bank balances and insurance policies and building houses and acquiring lands and to hell with life long budgets.
I tag some buddies