Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sorry - Is all that you can say


Isn't that a small word. Just say 'Sorry' and things are over. How often have we seen people using this.
Some say just for the sake of it, though they aren't really sorry.


I remember a big lady who knocked down my coke.
Me standing right there, gloomed face. A small tear trying to wet my pinky cheek. (Dry yourself buddy , There's lots to cry over)


"Oh, Sorry" and thus she goes. There came a man who made me clean up the mess, coz it was the college canteen. And this lady was none other than my Accounts teacher.

"Hee hee, That's ok ma'am" (Wait for the day when I knock down yours)

A little coke isn't a big matter, but what matters is that are we trying to be helpful in the situation ?

Poking the eye, stamping the feet, tearing the book.. are all bearable.

Spilling coffee over your blazer is not !
It was Mr.A's wedding reception and the boy who came to serve him with juice spilt it over his navy blue suit and said "Sorry annathey, manchuko". Ha ha, all of us had a big laugh that night though Mr.A was sobbing.

The red Maruti that knocked down the old man on the OM road, gave him a hundred rupees. Well that's his style of saying sorry.

Whether on purpose or whether by mistake, its always nice to help the victim in some way or the other isn't it ??

4 Comment:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

hey Anck su Namun,
Well i am not gonna say a sorry now..bcoz had a nice time reading ur post.Welcome to the world of blogging and hope to see more of u.

And about asking sorry..we especially in india dont know the meaning of sorry..its just another word..I have interacted with westerners and believe me when they tell a sorry I cud feel the genuiness in it..they way they look into our eyes and stand n ask a sorry...Maan this is one place where I wont mind western influence

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

hey Anck su Namun,
Welcome to the world of blogging...and that was one cool post for reading which I dont wanna say a sorry.

FOr most of us..esp indians sorry is just another word.I ahve interacted with a few westeners and the genuiness with which they ask a sorry looking into our eyes and stand there is a somehitng we need to learn from... No issues if we had western influence in this.

just yesterday a moron opened the restroom door on my face and my nose became red... as usual he did say a small sorry ;(

3:44 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ says...

uuuiii...Tamizhla enaku pidkadha vartha...manippu ! ;-)

4:02 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home